Monday, September 3, 2012

My First Blog!


        Ok, so here is goes, plunging head first into the age of technology. This is my first blog of my professional designer/Artist page. I am taking my first step into social networking, HELLO NEW WORLD.

        On this (My First Blog) I would like to give a minute to say a little about me and what i stand for as an artist. I like many my age are still trying to find out "who i am" as an artist. I believe that who we are is comes from our past, mine is not to extra ordinary. I grew up in a small town in Texas, very stereotypical with horses, cows, pigs, and chickens. So naturally i have a love for western art, Fredric Remington is one of my favorite artist.  Tom Ryan has one painting in particular that has always been my favorite and an inspiration.


But my life did not follow that of my families I fell in love with Theatre and the arts. I devoted as much time that my family had dedicated to sports and FFA to the Theatre and the Arts. Upon graduation I enrolled in Tarleton State University, and agricultural school with a very good Theatre program. What better school to fit my hodgepodge of a life. At TSU, and out of my small town mindset i was able to discover a side of me that was unable to be explored in my home town. I found a love for impressionism, post- impressionism and the abstract.  I have saying things in absolutes but at this moment in my life my favorite and most inspirational piece of art would have to be "Bride Of The Wind" by Oskar Kokoschka.



This piece has so much meaning to me, it shows so many emotions that are different to each person. That is what i believe art should be, an outreach to emotions in other people. A way to connect people in the most primary of ways, what they feel. Art is something that I love it gives me and outlet to show how i feel, and connect that with other people. Theatre is an amazing way to do that. It is not a physical piece of canvas that hangs on a wall but an interpretation that is re done time and time again with a new persons look on. With their own history, they take a basic script and collaborate with other people with different past to make something that hopefully touches the audience. That is what i want to get out of my art, wether is be through my painting or my theatrical design, I do what i do to entertain, not only myself but others, and that is the basic of who i am as an artist. Well at least for today. and now I'm off my soap box!

Thank you and I hope you at least finished my very wordy "intro to my life" Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment